I'm giving thanks today (one day late to join the multitude...again). One thing I'm thankful for is my second son who is a real gourmand. The plate you see above was one of two such dessert plates prepared by Clayton for him and Theo.
He said, "Mom, you might should [might should? where is this boy from, Georgia? hee hee!] take a picture of this. And put it on your blog."
I am happy to oblige.
Here are a few ways I've felt the love of the Father this week.
#1239 - 1253
* Prayer Life seminar with Paul Miller
* crusty New Englanders...I'm not making it up, they really are crusty! They get away with stuff that would NEVER fly in another part of the country.
* God's hope in my heart
* hearing immigrants' stories with my students
* Theo serving us with pillows and blankets while we read aloud
* BARE GROUND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
* curbs that are ice-free! ( you will being to sense a theme)
* my parents, willing to host Walter for a whole week!
* Walter's first trip alone on an airplane - EEEEEK!
* Lucy going to bed at 6:30 - it's hard work being 5
* God meeting me in desperate, head achey prayers
* laughing with sweet little 5th and 6th graders
* my husband's grace toward me
* the ice on our sidewalk is GONE! I see grass, dirt and lots of trash that's been buried for months!
* putting jammies on at the end of the day