Many blog readers send me emails asking, "How do you do such-and-such? Just how do you get it all done?"
Oh wait. That's someone else's blog.
Anyway, today I will tell you how to take a nap. Not just any nap. I'm talking about a nap with Lucy, the snuggliest girl EVER.
Here's how we do it. You may want to bookmark this post for later reference.
First wait for Lucy to announce that she needs a nap. Then follow these directions.
1. Both get into little twin bed. Get under covers.
2. Put pink blankies in between you.
3. Read two stories. After second story, say that your eyes are getting very tired and you need to rest.
4. Lucy will say that she just wants to have a quiet time while you sleep. Agree to this.
5. Fall fast asleep while Lucy plays with Barbies on the bed, "reads" books out loud to herself, and also sings many many songs at the top of her lungs, with lyrics like these: "It's really gonna do it, it's really gonna do it, it's really gonna DOOOOOOOOOOOOOO IIIIIITTTTTTTTTTT!"
6. Barely wake up when Lucy announces, "Now I'm going to go to sleep."
7. Lucy will then insert thumb, turn onto her side, snuggle into you and fall fast asleep.
8. After you notice her breathing has slowed, you may get up and continue with your day.
It works perfectly!!