A few years ago (was it last year?) Lucy called this holiday Valentimes. Now I can't quit calling it that. Additionally, I have recently been informed that they called it Valentimes on "30 Rock".
What I want you to think about is this: who was cool first, Lucy and me, or "30 Rock"? Hmmm?
No better day than today to keep track of all the ways the Father shows His love for us. We added to our list as a family last night...you might notice a few "interesting" items.
#1186 - 1210
* knee socks
* ice skating
* a good book
* back rubs
* Brazilian lunch after church
* L. Rogers, Theo's friend
* guns; they're cool (I told you it would get interesting)
* new babies at church
* red roses on the kitchen table
* warm beds
* cool lighters that look like blow torches (see what I mean?!)
* M. Barnes, Clay's friend
* a yummy dinner
* not having homework (this was more of a wish than something he's grateful for)
* new members at church
* very nice parents (I really didn't make them say this)
* the day Walter gets to go to college (Walter added this; had to remind that it's not a WISH LIST)
* newly engaged couple
* Chuck Norris and jokes of his ilk
* Cee Lo Green
* Lucy falling asleep on the sofa
Amen. Grace to you and yours on this Valentimes night. Sleep tight.