Yesterday's post was titled Today so today, on this post titled Yesterday, I am in fact going to tell you about yesterday.
Confused yet? Good.
Here's what I did yesterday.
1. Got up and did Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred for the first time. It wasn't that hard at the time, but I am sore this morning.
2. Had two kids sick who stayed home from school.
3. Drove non-sick kid to school.
4. Went to Market Basket.
5. Came home and read to sickest child. Other kind-of-sick child played my old records on the record player (Beauty and the Beat, anyone? Barry Manilow's Greatest Hits?)
6. Made a meal for a new mom at church. For the first time EVER, I was organized in my prep. I'm making a meal a week for the next three weeks, so I made a double batch of our world-famous Chicken Cheddar Chowder and split it into three containers. One for yesterday, two for the freezer! Yay for me!
7. I made FIVE loaves of bread. The dough threatened to overwhelm my poor little Kitchen Aid mixer. I think I might need an industrial size. It was a new recipe for me and turned out quite good (according to John and the children...I'm staying away from carbs). I used half whole wheat flour and half white.
8. Picked up non-sick kid from school and delivered meal to new mom (container of soup, a loaf of bread and salad in a bag).
9. Came home, attended to really sick child.
10. Made a batch of applesauce. I think the smell of apples cooking is one of my very favorite. Which gives me an idea for another post...what are your favorite smells and why? What do they evoke in you?
I like days when I have to stay home and do things around here. And I like making so much food. Very satisfying.