18 October 2009

Our story

Got a Lucy story for you.
This was our conversation the other day in the car:

L (sounding skeptical): So, Mom, when there was nothing in our story, Jesus TALKED and things were made?

K: Yes, that's right, God spoke and things were made!

L (still not sure): So...when there was nothing in our story, Jesus TALKED? And things were made?!

K: Yes! Isn't that amazing?

L: He can do magic!! I can't do magic!

And then a few days later, she asked this:

L: Mom, how is our story going to end?

(By this time, I'm catching on to the fact that "our story" is life as we know it. Love that phrase.)

K: Well, the Bible says that Jesus is going to come back and there will be a new heaven and new earth, and we are going to get new bodies!!

L (whimpering): I don't want a new body!

Another day as we walked out of the house, she asked, "Are there going to be any squirrels in our story today?"

Our life is one big story.

2 comments:

  1. ha! can you even remember back to the days when we didn't WANT a new body?! lol! love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thinking I need a little Kit in my story soon, with a side of Lucy, too. Sometime next week?

    I totally agree that "our story" is such a beautiful phrase.

    ReplyDelete

I love knowing you've been here! Let's have a conversation.