20 October 2009

How her mind works

I know, I know, second Lucy post in a row. But she's so funny!!! To me, at least.

Here's a log of some of her thoughts and sayings on our car ride to school today. Whew, what a ride!

This is all Lucy:

(in a worried voice as we drove out of our neighborhood) I hope we see my favorite color, green, today!

(a few seconds later) Oh, there's some green! In the trees!!

(in a quiet voice, to herself) My God is so...strong. He talked and things...came.

(as we crossed the Charles River) It's a good day to canoe!

(as we passed the Harvard playing fields) I wish there was a bigger guy football game. Mom, will you sign me up for football? Then I can be big and strong like my mom.

[Later in the ride I gave a friendly toot of the horn...yes, I promise it was friendly...this time...to warn someone that I was in his blind spot.]

(when we picked up the brothers, this was the first thing she said to them when they opened the door) Guys, guess what?! Mom honked!!!

2 comments:

  1. I've always had you pegged as the football playing type, a big strong linebacker. :)

    These are such great stories. I can't believe you remembered all those sweet quotes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahahahaha I LOVE Lucy posts!!! Kids are so stinkin' funny - I wish I had the memory you've got to record all their funny sayings. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love knowing you've been here! Let's have a conversation.